Does the new obstetric panel CPT code 80081 include HIV testing?
Yes, new code 80081 does include testing for HIV-1 antigen(s), with HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies, single result (87389). Per the 2016 CPT Manual, it also must include the following:
- Blood count, complete (CBC), and automated differential WBC count (85025 or 85027 and 85004)
Blood count, complete (CBC), automated (85027) and appropriate manual differential WBC count (85007 or 85009)
- Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) (87340) HIV-1 antigen(s), with HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies, single result (87389)
- Antibody, rubella (86762)
- Syphilis test, non-treponemal antibody; qualitative (e.g., VDRL, RPR, ART) (86592)
- Antibody screen, RBC, each serum technique (86850)
- Blood typing, ABO (86900) AND Blood typing, Rh (D) (86901).