Collection of Information
Our website(s) use “cookies” (small text files downloaded from our site to your device) in the following ways:
- Cookies will enable you to view and navigate the website while providing a consistent and simple user experience. Cookies tell us how you use the site – what links you click on and how long you stay on the page. Unless you have logged in using a password, this information is anonymized. Cookies tell us which pages users have engaged with, how they use the site, and where they navigate to. These cookies help us improve the site functionality and content on the site.
- Our servers collect standard information about how our site is used such as the time and date of visit, address of the website you came from before you got to ours, and your IP address. This information is anonymized. MedLearn Media does not track your behavior once you leave our website. We also do not sell or rent your personal information.
- Requested Information Collected. MedLearn Media asks some users, subscribers, and customers to voluntarily provide limited information, such as their name, job title, facility/provider name, business address, business phone, email, and, in cases where a payment to MedLearn Media is required, credit card account information. Whenever we transfer your personal information to a third party, we have contract clauses that provide for appropriate security to protect your privacy.
- MedLearn Media may also use unique identifiers in emails sent to help MedLearn Media understand which emails have been opened, bounced, and how many times. MedLearn Media may also use custom URLs in these emails to improve the accuracy and quality of our messaging and campaigns.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer/Edge) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at 800-252-1578, ext. 2.
What information do we collect?
MedLearn Media does not collect any sensitive data; this includes any data about race or ethnic religion, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic biometric data, health or morality, or sex life or sexual orientation.
- The collection of personal information is mandatory in order to process online transactions.
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as email, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Please note that for your security, we never save or store any credit card information.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Collection of Information” section above for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To quickly process your transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
MedLearn Media does not transfer personal information internationally.
We use your information to make automated decisions. However, we do not use your personal information to make automated decisions. In some events, we may use your visiting history on our websites to be entered into a remarketing or email campaign. This is in attempt to provide offers that are more relevant and personalized for you, so we are not sending you irrelevant information.
The data processors that we use for remarketing and email campaigns are Google Adwords and Active Campaign. More information on how these systems process data are available via https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads and https://activecampaign.com/legal/privacy-policy.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include MedLearn Media. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You may check your information to verify, update, or correct it, and to have obsolete information removed. If you created an account on our web store, you can access and change your online account profile yourself. Please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section on the web store. Or, simply click the “update your preferences” link at the bottom of any email sent from MedLearn Media, MedLearn Publishing, RACmonitor, or ICD10monitor. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To access, update or delete your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses, and payment information. Please note that we may retain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
You can request the deletion or summary of your information at any time – and we can remove it from our database entirely within 30 days of the request. To do so, contact email@example.com.
To provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
As part of the subscription process for our email publications, news and other notifications, we collect basic information such as your name, email address, company, and job function. We never sell or give away this information. However, we do occasionally send reader surveys and other special notes from the publisher. We also send email promotions from our sponsors from time-to-time. These special promotions allow us to provide you the newsletters free of charge. In sending them, we do everything we can to respect your privacy and time:
- We carefully screen every email promotion for relevance
- We comply with the CAN-SPAM act
- We always include unsubscribe information
Note: Free vendor sponsored registration information that you provide may be shared with the sponsor who is distributing the white paper through our registration process (information may be both given and received). These sponsors will use the information according to their own privacy policies.
User-supplied information collected during the registration process for our vendor-sponsored webcasts may be shared with our event sponsor (information may be both given and received). These outside sponsors will use the information according to their own privacy policies. Please read those policies and be aware of their privacy practices before registering.
You may have rights under European and other National or State laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of. You may also have rights to object to your information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us, and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws.
In response to a request, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide information that helps us to better understand your request. If we do not comply, we will inform you of why. To contact us regarding your rights, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children. MedLearn Media, MedLearn Publishing, RACmonitor, and ICD10monitor does not knowingly market its goods or services to, or collect data from, or otherwise target minors.
For services that require payment, we collect credit card information that is used for our billing purposes only and is not otherwise shared.
If you have any privacy questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com. We take these matters seriously.
Changes to Our Policy
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns. Please send us any feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.